We have not seen any performance impacts on our Solaris servers with all the
logs turned on (except Server Group and Full Text Index which we do not use).
If you do a prstat on your server how much memory is the arserverd process
using?

The log options we use are:
   Plugin Log Level:  All
   Log File Creation:  Create Backup
   Maximum Log File Size:  64M  ( 64,000,000 )
   Buffer Logged Lines:  Unchecked
   Log Per thread:  Unchecked

The cron save script is basically:
   #! /usr/bin/ksh
   cur=`date +%H%M`
   # Set the Script path
   logpath=PATH_TO_LOG_FILES
   savepath=PATH_TO_WHERE_FILES_SHOULD_BE_SAVED
   cd $logpath
   chmod a+r *.l*
   #
    [ -r arsql.log ]    && cp arsql.log    ${savepath}/arsql_${cur}.log ;
    [ -r arfilter.log ] && cp arfilter.log ${savepath}/arfilter_${cur}.log ;
    [ -r arapi.log ]    && cp arapi.log    ${savepath}/arapi_${cur}.log ;
    # You get the idea on copying the files
   #
   cd ${savepath}
   rm -f *${cur}.log.gz > /dev/null