From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Misi Mladoniczky
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 2:17 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: RRRchive for upgrade

Hi,

If you do a full SYNCTOTARGET between the same ITSM-version, you should
not break anything.

If you just sync a couple of forms, or copy between different versions of
ITSM, you may need to keep track of underlying relationships. It can get
complicated!

Unfortunately, there seems to be no definite repository that tells us
exactly how to handle these relationships...

If you do manual copy of data over ARX-files, you have exactly the same
problem.

With a little help from the list, and with some analysis/testing of your
own, you should be able to do it. Others have, and I know that some of
them should be willing to share their experience.

If you can have your new server in place for a period of time, you can do
a lot of testing without affecting your production system. When you have
fine tuned your rrrchive-configs to perfection, do a last SYNCTOTARGET and
switch production server.

        Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://www.rrr.se

Products from RRR Scandinavia (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10):