From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Thad Esser
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 8:29 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: View of a View?

** Also with regards to maintainability, if you are migrating code through
various environments to get to production, the T# for that form isn't
guaranteed to be the same.  It most likely is, but it depends on how tortured
your migration process is (or was, before you started working somewhere
*sigh*).  The schema id doesn't come along in a *.def file.

Have you considered keeping it all in Remedy, and just creating a self-join
form with only those three fields showing?  You'll end up with an Oracle view
anyway if you need it for outside integrations or whatever, and you don't have
to worry about maintaining stuff at the DB level.

Thad
On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Axton