Liz,

I had to tell my boss how much I wanted to spend for "training" just this
morning too. Well, how much I wanted them to want ...

The actual agenda probably won't be set for some time yet, as there is yet to
be a call for presentations and submissions and vendors and so forth.  You can
get a pretty good idea of what's in store, however, by looking at the subjects
of the last couple of WWRUG's.

Try wwrug10.com and http://www.wwrug.org/wwrug10/multimedia_09.html for
starters.  Maybe you shouldn't show your boss *all* the pictures.

As for the cost, travel to DC varies by starting point, the hotel will be under
$200/night, there are shuttles and mass transit nearby, and the conference
prices last year ranged from $1100-1950, depending on how far in advance you
registered and whether you claimed to be an "executive" (see
https://www.regonline.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=837003).

It's too soon to tell if the cost will be more or less than WWRUG10 - new
venue, logistics and probably a lot more attendees to spread the fixed costs
around. After all WWRUG11 is more than 7 months from now and some of use are
still just the teensiest bit hung over.

There is no question that WWRUG is the very best investment you or your
employer can make in your career.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Doug Blair

On Feb 7, 2011, at 2:46 PM, Feulner, Elizabeth C wrote:

> Dan
>
> I would like to attend the conference, but need an agenda and cost
> estimate.  I work for the US government and need to fill out forms now
> to get second half of the year conferences approved.  The information
> needs to be entered into our system by the end of February so manager's
> and government can start the approval process in March.  Any information
> you can provide would be greatly appreciated.   As luck would have it, I
> am out of town starting Thurs and won't be back in the office until Feb
> 28th. I won't be able to access our computers to enter the information.
>
> Thanks for any information you can give me ahead of time.
>
> Liz Feulner
> Knolls Atomic Power Lab
> Bechtel Marine Propulsion Corp

Doug