I just finished upgrading two different 7.6.03 systems to 7.6.04 and both
display the Atrium Console properly in the User Tool (you have to go into
normalization and configure all of the sandboxes for Version normalization
manually after installation, according to my 7.6.x notes from support).  My
notes from resolving the Atrium Console issue back under 7.6.03 indicate that I
had to add a second server entry in the mid-tier for the FQDN of the AR Server
(Pre-Load NOT checked) in order for the Atrium Consoles to work properly - it
is part of my installation checklist now.  When working with 7.6.03, many
things started _requiring_ the use of the server alias instead of the FQDN (we
have _always_ used FQDN for _everything_ here in every Remedy system since
3.2), but that immediately broke the Atrium Console.  Moving to server groups
makes naming even more problematic (and made having multiple entries in the
hosts file per Peter's posting even more important).

As near as I can tell from the 7.6.04 docs, there are a lot of foundation
configuration and data loading functions, SRM import/export, RKM knowledge
source configuration, and possibly CMDB activities that still REQUIRE the use
of the User Tool; they will NOT work over the mid-tier interface.  It is the
ITSM/RKM 7.6.04 apps that have become virtually unusable in the User Tool (RKM
was this ay in 7.6.03).  So whichever tool you reach for, web or native Windows
client, depending on the specific function it might not work properly (enjoy!).

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/