Rest easy!  You can use Change with or without Release.  And yes, Release
was introduced in 7.5, though the 7.6x versions are better and more fully
supported.

Rick
On Feb 16, 2011 9:20 AM, "Martinez, Marcelo A" <marc...@cpchem.com> wrote:
> Hello Listers,
> I have 2 questions on release management.
> We are currently running ARS 7.1/ITSM 7.0.03 (microsoft shop). We plan on
moving to 7.6.0x in the near future.
> My issue is: my users are not accustomed to using release management; heck
it took me a couple of years to make them use change management!

> So my question here is if we implement 7.6.0x, do we have to implement
release management or can we get away with just change management (at least
for a couple of years)?

> Also, if memory serves me right, release management was introduced in
version 7.5.00 of ITSM correct?