From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of strauss
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:35 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: 7.6.04 Delta Data Migration tool - Question

Cleaning up the RKM integration meant adding several of their fields to a view
in HPD:Help Desk_SLA so that I could actually delete them, THEN they could be
deleted from HPD:Help Desk.  Then another run of the Best Practice Conversion
Utility shows NO non-permitted field customizations any more.  Then I tried to
run the BPCU in Overlay mode, and it started spewing the usual java error crap;
I put in an issue for support.

D:\Best_Practice_Conversion_Utility>bpcu.bat -x arsrkm -u Demo -p <PASSWORD> -t
22
700 -f D:\Best_Practice_Conversion_Utility\OverlayHashFile.xml -s arsrkm -T 2 -m
 o -k 1 -i 1 -P *,**,+
INFO - Best Practice Conversion Utility 7.6.04 Build 002 201101141059 Wed Feb 23
 11:21:09.824
INFO - Processing command arguments : -f D:\Best_Practice_Conversion_Utility\Ove
rlayHashFile.xml -T 2 -u Demo -t 22700 -s arsrkm -P *,**,+ -m o -k 1 -i 1 -x ars
rkm
INFO - Processing of command arguments completed
ERROR - Failed to execute BPCU command :
javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException
 - with linked exception:
[java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Best_Practice_Conversion_Utility\arsrkm (The
system cannot find the file specified)]
        at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(
UnmarshallerImpl.java:201)
        at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(U
nmarshallerImpl.java:172)
        at javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(Unknown Sou
rce)
        at javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(Unknown Sou
rce)
        at javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(Unknown Sou
rce)
        at javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(Unknown Sou
rce)
        at com.bmc.arsys.artools.o.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.bmc.arsys.artools.ccu.ap.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.bmc.arsys.artools.ccu.BestPracticeConversionUtility.a(Unknown Sou
rce)
        at com.bmc.arsys.artools.ccu.BestPracticeConversionUtility.execute(Unkno
wn Source)
        at com.bmc.arsys.artools.ccu.BestPracticeConversionUtility.main(Unknown
Source)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Best_Practice_Conversion_Utility\ar
srkm (The system cannot find the file specified)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown So
urce)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrent
Entity(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineD
ocVersion(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(U
nknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(U
nknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown So
urce)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Un
known Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.p
arse(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(
UnmarshallerImpl.java:199)
        ... 10 more
D:\Best_Practice_Conversion_Utility>

Anyone with ideas on this, please chime in; at their current response level, it
will be a day or two before I even hear from BMC Support.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/