From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Pierson, Shawn
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 12:37 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: People belonging to Multiple Companies - Data Management Tool
Spreadsheet ( People)

The way we handled this was to basically determine that one company was more
like an umbrella, so if they needed to be in two companies, they would be
placed in the higher level umbrella company instead of the specific companies
that they would have been otherwise.  ITSM really doesn't support this way of
using it in terms of multi-tenancy, so everyone would need access to the
umbrella company's data.  This can be problematic if you have to deal with
certain regulations, such as my company needing to take market affiliate rules
into consideration, but I won't go into the complexity of how I dealt with that
unless someone is interested.

The bottom line is that there is no perfect solution to your problem.  The only
thing you can do is try to change the way your business side understands the
various entities within it.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Southern Union