From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Easter, David
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2011 1:17 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Remedy 7.1 with Oracle 10G R2 Encrypted (Column or
Tablespace level)

**

Officially, database encryption is neither unsupported nor supported -
supportability issues would need to be addressed by the database vendor
providing the encryption.  As mentioned, it is expected that it will be
transparent to any application running on top of the database and thus
unaffected.  As long as that holds true, AR System should work properly.

-David J. Easter

Manager of Product Management, Remedy Platform

BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed
in this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.
My voluntary participation in this forum is not intended to convey a
role as a spokesperson, liaison or public relations representative for
BMC Software, Inc.