From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Cecil, Ken
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 18:09
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Tomcat on Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit with IIS

I got it working.

There were several issues in this scenario. Jakarta wasn't installing with
Tomcat, IIS 6 compatibility wasn't enabled, 32 bit apps needed to be enabled,
etc.

Basically I had to work through the knowledgebase article shown below. I had to:

*  Uninstall Mid-Tier and Tomcat
*  Make sure the following Roles were installed on the server - IIS 6.0
compatibility, IIS6 WMI Compatibility, IIS6 Scripting Tools, ISAPI Filters and
ISAPI extensions, CGI, IIS6 Metabase Compatibility
*  Enable 32 bit applications in IIS Manager Advanced settings
*  Restart IIS
*  Install Mid-Tier and Tomcat (Jakarta should install properly this time)
*  In IIS Manager go to the 'ISAPI and CGI Restriction' icon and add an entry
for Jakarta pointing to the isapi_redirect.dll file
*  Then follow instructions on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942076 to allow
double escaped security.

This is the Self Help Document on BMC's knowledgebase that helped me get it
working.

Doc ID: 20016123
Title: Mid-tier install failed on Windows 2008 with IIS 7 - receiving HTTP 404
or 500 responses
http://rkm.bmc.com/rkm/viewdoc.jsp?remedy=1&doc=20016123&sid=4141610&type=Published&terms=searchTerms&user=Self%20Help

Thanks to all,
Ken.