Andy,
Most people would write it like you have, but you will find many people on the
ARSLIST including me, who prefer something like this:

Assigned Group != DB.Assigned Group
   AND  TR.Worklog = $NULL$

Reliance on TR value assumes the update came from a manual save from Windows or
Browser client using the built-in Save button/menu choice (as opposed to from a
record displayed on a dialog window and an Active Link  push field action; or
from an API program or Push Field filter action triggered from another
record/transaction). True most of the time for most setups, so you might get
away with it. But it can cause trouble, so write it the above way, if you want
it "bullet proof". I do not wish to start a long thread on this topic. It has
been talked to death in the past, but I can elaborate it for you, if you wish.

Note that I left the TR alone for WorkLog field, because it, I am assuming, is
a "diary" type of field that is treated differently by active links and
filters. I think TR prefix should work for this field.