Peter,

I ran into this issue las year, on the same versions you mentioned (except it
was a Linux box). I worked with BMC for several days but as we were not able to
get any useful information from any log or trace files, they ended up having me
install mt patch 9. That caused a whole new set of issues for us though I can't
say if they were related or if I was just having really bad luck. I don't
believe we checked the Tomcat header size as LJ suggested though. The whole
thing still bothers me because it started suddenly and for no apparent reason.
I would be interested to learn of your solution when you find it.

Amy