Thanks for the info.  I just understood the basic concept of GC in a VM.
That was an interesting read and gave me some more insight on what GC is and
how it works.

I think I'll try G1 with DS.  Maybe I'll find a magic configuration that
will allow me to export a full server def like the old days (admittedly I
don't think I've tried with 7.6.04 GA release).

Jason