That’s the location where your armonitor.conf file gets copied before its modified by an installation for eg when ITSM and AtriumCore installs modified it..

The armonitor.conf file defaults its location to /etc/<server name>/armonitor.conf UNLESS you want it elsewhere, in which case, that path is referenced from the startup script, from a parameter, which reads its value from the ar.conf file. If you have no settings in the ar.conf file that changes that default location of the armonitor.conf file, then look in the /etc/<server name>/ directory.

If you are starting the server as non root and if this directory has root permissions, it could be a reason why the startup script cannot access it.. You may have installed the server as root and then changed the permissions to non root but forgot to chown supporting files and directories such as this and the catalog files???

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: Gopal-SRG Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:09 AM Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ARS 7.5 License Key

Hi Uday/LJ,
When i checked for the armonitor.conf file in our system, it is present in
the below location
./remedy/ar/ITSM/telstra01/BackUp/armonitor.conf
./remedy/ar/AtriumCore/telstra01/BackUp/armonitor.conf

But the armonitor is not present in the
./remedy/ar/ARSystem/conf/

When ever i start my ARSystem, the armonitor is eventually called from the
above location at the startup.
Will this be a problem?(armonitor file not present as part of the ARSystem
conf folder)
Havnt commented any startup sh fiels in the armonitor conf.Just to confirm
the folder relocation before commenting it

Please guide us through this

Regards,
Gopal

Uday Joshi wrote:

Hi Gopal,

Apparently the SLM engine is experiencing Segment violation (signal 11).
This can happen due to corruption in the definition. As suggested try to
start the basic ARServer by commenting out other component.

However I am suspecting some problem as there is ARERR90 as well. Sugggest
to collect more detailed debug log to get hint at what might be corrupted.

Best Regards,

Uday Joshi