I did this integration in ITSM 7.1 and the steps were the same.  As I
recall it worked fine and we could create SLAs and targets.  The SLM
qual builder is simplistic so you would need to make a new one if you
added many custom fields that you wanted to track.  Also, there is no
Task SLM tab like you find on Incident that shows the current
compliance.  You could probably hack together one using Incident's as
a model but we never got that far.  Mostly you gain the ability to
write reports against the data.

Regards,
Chuck Baldi