Another day, another "adventure" with BMC software.

Last week I finished upgrading my Staging server to 7.6.04 (ALL of ARS, Atrium
Core, ITSM, SRM, SLM, RKM), or at least I think I have.  There were all sorts
of errors on every one of the upgrades, with Atrium having to be run twice
before everything said it succeeded (AIE failed on the first try, and
SHARE:Application_Properties still says it is 7.1.00.004), so I opened several
Issues with BMC on Atrium, ITSM, SRM - and had more for SLM and RKM.  This
morning I am going to try to move on with Steps 13 and 14, and the first thing
I noticed was that the upgrades created 6 new form overlays entirely on their
own!  No telling what I'll find in workflow, but it appears that the ITSM
7.5.00 stage within the 7.6.04 upgrade created these new forms, then when the
7.6.04 stage ran it created the 7.5 -> 7.6.04 differences as overlays.  I am
pretty sure that this is NOT what we were told would happen to origin objects
during patches and upgrades, but I could be wrong.

Audit Forms:
CHG:ChangeRequest_AuditLogSystem
CTM:AuditLogSystem
HPD:HelpDesk_AuditLogSystem
PBM:Problem_AuditLogSystem
SRM:SR_AuditLog
TMS:AuditLogSystem

Only the SRM:SR_AuditLog is identical (overlay to overlaid); the rest reflect
differences between 7.5.00 and 7.6.04 - usually a new index and several odd
form properties.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/