From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jase Brandon
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 3:17 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Overlay and custom in 7.6.4

** Hello All,
We upgraded a development 7.1 server to 7.6.04 and are getting the below
error that I cannot resolve. After a week -  BMC Support is stumped as well.
Please see SQL log below - Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this?
I've looked up C301610100 and it's 'SLMTableKeywordLookup', but I don't
understand what "Multiple Step OLE DB operations generated errors" - means.
Anyone? :-)

Thanks,

Jase

<SQL > <TID: 0000001488> <RPC ID: 0000200317> <Queue: Fast      >
<Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: jbran...@qualitytech.com
<mailto:jblassing...@qualitytech.com>                  > <Overlay-Group: 1
> /* Thu Apr 07 2011 16:45:55.2840 */SELECT C301610100 FROM T1024 WHERE C1 =
'INC000000242817'

<SQL > <TID: 0000001488> <RPC ID: 0000200317> <Queue: Fast      >
<Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: jbran...@qualitytech.com
<mailto:jblassing...@qualitytech.com>                  > <Overlay-Group: 1
> /* Thu Apr 07 2011 16:45:55.2840 */OK

<SQL > <TID: 0000001488> <RPC ID: 0000200317> <Queue: Fast      >
<Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: jbran...@qualitytech.com
<mailto:jblassing...@qualitytech.com>                  > <Overlay-Group: 1
> /* Thu Apr 07 2011 16:45:55.2840 */Setting LOB into the above row ...

<SQL > <TID: 0000001488> <RPC ID: 0000200317> <Queue: Fast      >
<Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: jbran...@qualitytech.com
<mailto:jblassing...@qualitytech.com>                  > <Overlay-Group: 1
> /* Thu Apr 07 2011 16:45:55.2840 */*** ERROR ***  Multiple-step OLE DB
operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No
work was done. (HRESULT: 0X80040E21)

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 12:48 PM, strauss <stra...@unt.edu> wrote:

Further, for those of you trying to upgrade the ITSM suite to 7.6.04, all of
the application upgrades threw errors and reported missing objects in the
Health Checks, and I opened Issues on these errors last week (added SLM and
RKM to SRM today from Friday's installs), I have started to get indications
from support that every app failed to install multiple objects during the
upgrades and I will need to go back and import various def files by hand.
At this point I see no reason to have any confidence that you could upgrade
a Staging Server and actually put that same system into production safely;
I'm still planning to migrate all data and the overlay objects to a server
with a clean 7.6.04 install, hoping that it is missing less objects.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/