Yes cmd /c "carries out the command specified by string and then terminates". That worked for me in the past when trying to get IP Address from the user tool using ipconfig....

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: Danny Kellett Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 3:09 PM Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: XCOPY in Filter Run Process

How about running it either through a cmd.exe /c

The /c will close it after it has finished.

I have found this to work better than having the actual .exe run on its own if I have parameters after.

One thing to check is that the actual command you are passing can be run from a command prompt too

Kind regards
Danny

Single Sign On (SSO) for BMC Remedy ARSystem and ITSM
http://www.javasystemsolutions.com/jss/ssoplugin

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Bruce Sisk
Sent: 27 April 2011 19:58
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: XCOPY in Filter Run Process

I have a short term need to save an attachment from a remedy form to a folder on a mapped network drive.

This should be a fairly simple thing...but it is beating me at the moment.

Environ:  ARS 7.6.04 | Windows 2008

I have a filter run process that is doing the attachment save to the ars server. This works fine.

I am trying to use "xcopy.exe c:\folderx z:\foldery /s /e /k /q" to copy the files from ars server to a different folder on a mapped drive.

I get no errors in the remedy logs that i can find...and it doesn't do anything.

Any ideas??  Is this a syntax issue??

Bruce Sisk

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet