From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Misi Mladoniczky
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:44 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: login name not friendly or recognizable

Hi,

With things explained a little further, I do not see that the custom
authenticator would be able to solve your problem.

You want the user to use the Unfriendly Name at Login, and you want to see
the Friendly Name in all other places.

You must do some additional things.

You must swap the Unfriendly name to the Friendly name before it is sent
to the AR Server. You can still keep the Unfriendly name for the
authenticator by putting that into the extra Authentication-field that is
normally not used.

The technology to trap the login dialog differ between the native client
and the web client. If you are using DevStudio, it is not possible create
your own login dialog.

Another problem is that the authenticator (AREA-plugin) is only called
when the password-field is blank. That means that you have to store the
actual password somewhere else...

Could you not just use the Friendly name in all places in the AR System
except one? That would be the actual login dialog on the web client, where
you have some java-script-code to map the entered Unfriendly login name
into the Friendly name used by the system?

        Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://www.rrr.se

Products from RRR Scandinavia (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10):