Opening folders in Oracle? What do you mean?

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: NormD Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 1:30 PM Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ARS 7.6.0.4 Opening Folders gets ORA-3113/7445 errors

Since our upgrade, clients using the web interface have experienced random problems when opening folders. From the user perspective, they try to open one folder then another. Sometimes it works, normally soemtimes the user gets a ORA-3113 error - msg. it may be fine for a few tries but eventually the user (and not only nesessarily the same user) gets the error. If they wait a little bit and retry, it then works again.

In the Oracle (11gr2) log - it reports:

Exception [type: ACCESS_VIOLATION, UNABLE_TO_READ] [ADDR:0x1AC41E60] [PC:0x6215EEF, __intel_new_memcpy()+3775]
Incident 211612 created, dump file:
c:\oracle\diag\rdbms\nesat\nesat\incident\incdir_211612\nesat_ora_3920_i211612.trc
ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [_intel_new_memcpy()+3775] [ACCESS_VIOLATION] [ADDR:0x1AC41E60] [PC:0x6215EEF] [UNABLE_TO_READ].

We've looked at midtier, the network and Oracle but have failed to find a solution to this problem.

We're running ARS and mitier on seperate Windows 2003R2(64 bit) boxes on the same subnet.

We even tried running the query from a sqlplus session directly on the db server and has similar results.
We've been able to reproduce this on our test and dev servers as well.

Has anyone come across this or have an idea on what is causing this issue and how to fix it?