Hi Everyone!

Hoping folks on the list with more experience might be able to explain
unexpected filter processing behavior I am seeing.

We are using 7.0 version

Here is an overview of how my workflow is setup

1 - Filter 1A fires on Modify on Form_A - Note this filter name is using
thte `! syntax for override filter phasing.

     Actions are in this:

            Set fields

            Call Guide 2A using server-side table loop

            Call Guide 2B

Filter 2A - seems to work as expected (based on review of filter log).
It calls several filters that loop thru table entries again using `!
syntax.  Each entry in the table results in a Push field action to two
forms B & C.  If any of the push actions fail a subsequent filter does
the following

        1 - Run Process command to run unix script to add entry to log
server file

       2 -   Message action of type Error is reported to end-user

As expected after this error occurs none of the push field changes are
applied to the database - this is what I want to happen J

However after the error occurs the top level filter still calls Guide 2B
(I see this in the filter log after the error is logged) however the
actions in the Guide are not fully executed  but the one a Run Process
action on a unix shell command does execute but after this runs the next
actions which are Set/Push fields are not executed.

Any ideas why my 2nd Call Guide action would execute after the first
Guide called produces an error - my expectation was that if the first
Guide produced an error the filter that called the guide would stop
processing all together and the 2nd Guide would not be executed at all.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Debra

Debra Anderson
T  415.808.9118   |   F  415.808.3535
600 Harrison St *   San Francisco, CA   *   94107

PRN | media where & when it matters

This e-mail (including any attachments) is meant for only the intended
recipient of the transmission, and may include confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient or you received this e-mail in
error, any review, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone at (415)
808-3500 or by return e-mail and delete this e-mail, along with any
attachments and copies, from your system.  Thank you.