The concerns as I understand them are around privacy and tracking who can
and has accessed private patient information.  Some companies get past that
by logging each time a record is viewed and certain fields have been
modified.  Others create separate fields for sensitive information, and
password protect the fields.  Lots of ways to skin that cat.

Rick
On Jul 22, 2011 9:09 AM, "Shane Buchholz" <sha...@samhealth.org> wrote:
> I have had a request from our security officer to find out if there are
any specific security concerns we should be aware of in relation to
processing Incident tickets in a healthcare environment. I think he is
specifically looking at the Summary, Notes and Work Info data that could be
entered by the Service Desk or any of the Technicians/Analysts. If anyone
from the healthcare industry has some insight they could share I would
appreciate it. I apologize for not being able to be detailed in the request,
but this was presented to me as a hypothetical so I don't have much to go
on.