We have a process wherein the requester can request software to be installed
on their desktop.  Some of the requests require approval.  We've aligned our
Product Categories with the types of software that can be requested.  Set
your user menus up to match your product categories, then map the question
answers to the product category fields on the change request.  Then set your
approval mappings up as needed using the product categories.  The same can
be done with operational categories.

Thad