From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of strauss
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 4:08 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ITSM multi tenancy - customer company vs operating company
needs

If you don't mind the pain, you could try to digest what we built -
documented at http://arsweb4.ars.unt.edu/index_prod.htm under the
section "UNT-Specific Documentation for Multi-Tenancy in the UNT BMC
Remedy ITSM 7.x system."

It has held up in production for over three years now, so we are
carrying it over to the upgraded 7.6.04.01 system... as-is.

I have not seen a practical use yet in our environment for the extension
to Vendor Assignee Groups (60900) in 7.6.04; we continue to push what we
need into Assignee Groups (112) instead.  Vendor Assignee Groups might
turn out to be the correct tool to accomplish what you need to do in
your environment, however.

I recall hearing about a place in 7.6.04 to specify one company as
hierarchically above another, but have not had time to see if it exists.
That might help me to create a super-company over all of my separate
companies defined for each directorate in the Computing Center.
Assuming that worked, I would be surprised if it could cross
company-type boundaries.  I don't even know if it made it into the
release, given that the multi-tenancy doc has not changed since 7.6.00.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/