From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of patchsk
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2011 11:28 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Incident Management Console 7.6.04

Yes we received the same complaint from our users(mainly call center
agents),  when we went live a month ago.
Basically users are unable to differentiate the concept that
assignment and ownership are two different things.
Only process owners understand that, but the regular call center
agents do not bother to know about it.
All they say is I assigned the tkt to another group and it is still
showing up in my console, and they keep clicking on that ticket to try
to reassign.
BMC did provide some config options to filter by Assignment group Vs
Owner Group,but that works only for Overview console not for Incident
console.
We end up customizing the Incident Console to show only tickets
assigned to them, not owned by them.
Of course now they lost the visibility of the tickets that are owned
by them hence lost the visibility to total control of ownership.
Anyway Ticket Owner ship is very loosely used here and not many people
bothered to care about it in my organization.