I created a new view for admins only but I can not get the client to open
the new view.  I followed the help document in Developer Studio.   I
trying this on  the HPD:Help Desk form  and I copied the Default view.
Developer Studio named it NewDefault User View.  I rename the new view
minus the word New and added the extension _Admin to the end.    (Default
User View_Admin)   The only other thing I changed was the Menu Access to
allow Modify All.    This way an admin can enter _Admin in the Open Window
View Extension field in user preferences and he or she will redirected to
the new view.

>From Developer Studio Help

Allowing users to select a view based on preferences
You can create an alternate view of an existing view that can dynamically
open at runtime for specific users. The user controls the view selection
by setting the Open Window View Extension field in the user preferences.
The alternate view must start with the same prefix as an existing view.

For example, if an existing view has the label Inventory, an alternate
view can have the label Inventory_Large Font. Select Inventory in the Form
View field of the active link, and instruct users to specify _Large Font
in the Open Window View Extension field in user preferences.

John Atherly  |   APC by Schneider Electric   |  Information, Process &
Organization (IPO)  |   Remedy Administrator / Developer
Phone: +401-789-5735 ext. 2120  |   Fax: +401-789-3710  |
Email: john.athe...@apcc.com  |   Site: www.apc.com/  |   Address: 132
Fairgrounds Road, West Kingston, RI 02892 USA
*** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail