If you are using web service (XML) then the offset is already added for you to
each timestamp.
   <MyTime>2011-08-26T13:55:00-05:00</MyTime>

Fred

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Andrew C Goodall
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 2:35 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: how to handle date/time values in filter actions from ar servers in
different timezones

**
What are your recommendations?

Issue: I'm sending records with timestamp field values over to an external
system, but we have AR Servers in multiple time zones that could be performing
this operation. In filter workflow the timestamp value sent is displayed in the
format according to the time zone that server is in that processes that filter
action.
This can behavior can be seen in notification emails that display timestamps.

Options I can think of:
1. Send $SERVER$ value and state to receiver how to alter time received based
on the $SREVER$ value.
2. Alter the time zone on the AR Server so they are all on the same time zone
regardless if physically they are not.  Not sure the side effects of this
though.
3. Create separate filters and specify on the run-if qualification $SERVER$ =
"XXXXX" and adjust date/time field value accordingly.

I'm leaning towards option 3.

Regards,

Andrew Goodall
Software Engineer 2 | Development Services |  jcpenney . www.jcp.com