**
I don't think clear counts as a menu value. i think you might be able to make it work if your workflow runs on NULL though.

Shafqat Ayaz

From: "Kemes, Lisa" <lisa.ke...@te.com>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2011 7:14 AM
Subject: Menu and the Clear Options

**
I have a regular form with a character field that is attached to a menu.  The menu is attached to another form with the data I need in the menu.

I have an active link that sets another field whenever this character field (menu) is changed.  Why doesn’t the workflow kick off when I select (clear)?

Nothing happens, and my workflow log shows that nothing happens as well (the active link doesn’t even show up).

Is there a way to get this to kick off workflow when I set the field to <clear>?

I’d really like to have it in an Active Link so the user can see that certain fields have been set to null, I could set the fields in a filter (once the record is saved), but I’d like the customer to see the set fields before they hit save.

ARS 7.1p7
Windows 2003
Ora11g

Lisa Kemes
AR System Developer
TE Information Systems
Global Infrastructure and Ops
+01 717 810 2408 tel
+01 717 602 9460 mobile
lisa.ke...@te.com
MS 161-43
P.O. Box 3608
Harrisburg, PA 17105-3608

www.te.com

Description: http://www.te.com/images/socialmedia/twitter.pngDescription: http://www.te.com/images/socialmedia/facebook.pngDescription: http://www.te.com/images/socialmedia/flickr.pngDescription: http://www.te.com/images/socialmedia/linkedin.pngDescription: http://www.te.com/images/socialmedia/youtube.png