I think both you and Fred are correct. Clear made its first appearance in
7.1 but it was 7.5 when it was fully implemented (MHO) and start to work a
bit more as one would expect it to.

Jason

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Grooms, Frederick W
> Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 10:09 AM
> To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
> Subject: Re: Menu and the Clear Options
>
> Lisa,
> Clear was added in ARS 7.5.0 so in order to use it fully you must be on
ARS 7.5.0 (or higher)

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of David Durling
> Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:47 AM
> To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
> Subject: Re: Menu and the Clear Options
>
> **
> I don't have time to check more, but clear does seem to be able to trigger
workflow at least part of the time on BMC Remedy User 7.5.

> I have an active link on "Menu Choice" that does fire when <clear> is
selected.  Now, it is not looking specifically for <clear>, but it runs if
the menu value is != a particular value.  So if any other value is selected
(including <clear>), it runs.  Hope that's of some use.

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Kemes, Lisa
> Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:41 AM
> To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
> Subject: Re: Menu and the Clear Options
>
> **
> Todd, this won't work if you select Clear.  Even if you have the Menu
choice option selected, nothing happens when you select clear.

> So I have an Active Link with a Menu Choice to kick off my workflow, but
if the person selects Clear, nothing happens.

> So I have to create a 2nd Active Link on Lose Focus of the menu that kicks
off workflow if the field is NULL.

> Because of Modify ALL I also have to create filters to make sure that if
the field is NULL, that the workflow is kicked off.  Blech.

> All because selecting Clear does not register in the system as a "change"
on the Menu field.  I think it's simply clearing out the field and nothing
more..

> Lisa

Todd
> Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 2:49 PM
> To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
> Subject: Re: Menu and the Clear Options
>
> **
> Lisa,
> I notice you say you fire the workflow on lose focus.  I find the menu
choice option works better for firing workflow based on a menu selection.  I
know this doesn't have any affect on your issue but thought I'd mention....

> Todd

focus on the field and if that field is blank, to blank out the other
fields)  but I just found out my customers don't even see the clear option.
Is this a bug?   I do, but they don't...  The only difference is that I have
Admin permissions.

> Also, when I do a Modify All and I want to clear out the field, (and it's
the only field that will change), when I choose clear, the Save button
doesn't activate, so I can't save my changes with a Modify ALL + Clear.

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Shafqat Ayaz
> Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2011 3:55 AM
> To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
> Subject: Re: Menu and the Clear Options
>
> **
> I don't think clear counts as a menu value. i think you might be able to
make it work if your workflow runs on NULL though.

> Shafqat Ayaz

The menu is attached to another form with the data I need in the menu.

> I have an active link that sets another field whenever this character
field (menu) is changed.  Why doesn't the workflow kick off when I select
(clear)?

> Nothing happens, and my workflow log shows that nothing happens as well
(the active link doesn't even show up).

> Is there a way to get this to kick off workflow when I set the field to
<clear>?

> I'd really like to have it in an Active Link so the user can see that
certain fields have been set to null, I could set the fields in a filter
(once the record is saved), but I'd like the customer to see the set fields
before they hit save.

the following link. http://compass-usa.com/Pages/Disclaimer.aspx