You can use the Service action in an Active Link to trigger the firing of
Filters.

Fred

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Adarsh Padwalkar
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:30 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Triger a Filter using an Active link.

Hi All,

we want to provide the end user search access where they can search for user
info like phone no. email add etc..
I have created a view form of CTM:People form and added the required fields. I
also want to add Manager's email address.

When the user searches the form it will will populate manager's login name and
with that login name i want to search the people form again and populate
managers email id in display only field on the view form..

I tried the interval option  on the active link to re-fire it after 3sec it
works fine but only on user client but not on web..

Could any one suggest me how I can achieve it on web too.. any better
development suggestion would help..

Is it possible to triger a setfield action using a filter which can be
triggered by an active link so that it will work on mid tier too ..

Thank You ..