Andrew,

This is actually easier than you think, see below.  The key is to reverse
your thinking about how a "LIKE" operator could be used.  Read through the
entire setup before focusing too hard on the qualifications.  Also, you may
want to add other clauses to your qualfications, such as a check on a status
field.  Real life example:  : ( 'Status' = "Enabled") AND ( $RequestedList$
LIKE (( "%;"  + 'Request ID') +  ";%" ))

FIELDS:

Button: Add
Button: Remove
-----
Temp char field:  tmp_SelectedList
-----
Table A - list of options
   Column:  col_A_ID
   Qualification:  NOT(tmp_SelectedList LIKE "%;" + col_A_SelectedID + ";%")
-----
Table B - list of selected options
   Column:  col_B_ID
   Qualification:  tmp_SelectedList LIKE "%;" + col_B_SelectedID + ";%"

WORKFLOW

Active link:  Add
Fire on Click of Add button or double click on Table A:
Action 1: set tmp_SelectedList = tmp_SelectedList + ";" + col_A_ID + ";"
(note:  this adds the selected record to the list, including delimiters)
Action 2: Call TableRefreshGuide
-----
Active link:  Remove
Fire on Click of Remove button or double click on Table B:
Action 1: set tmp_SelectedList =
REPLACE(tmp_SelectedList,col_B_Selected_ID,"")  (note:  this removes the
selected record from the list)
-----
ActiveLink Guide:  RefreshTableGuide
ActiveLink (put in guide):  RefreshTable
Action 1: set tmp_SelectedList = REPLACE(tmp_SelectedList,";;",";")
(note:  this gets rid of double semi-colons)
Action 2: Refresh Table A
Action 3: Refresh table B
Action x:  anything else you want done on a table refresh, perhaps updating
count indicators.
-----

Hopefully that helps,

Thad Esser