It may be memory but I would expect to see malloc errors (ARERR 300) in the
arerror.log if this was the case.  The fact  you're not seeing a stack trace
like this;

Mon Sep 20 08:33:52 2010     6
  Timestamp: Mon Sep 20 2010 08:33:52.1865
  Thread Id: 4
  Version: 7.1.00 Patch 009 201009200800
  ServerName: test71
  Database: SQL -- Oracle
  Hardware: sun4u
  OS: SunOS 5.10
  RPC Id: 337
  RPC Call: 106 (GLXS)
  RPC Queue: 390600
  Client: User Demo from Remedy Administrator (protocol 13) at IP address
192.168.1.54
  Form:
  Logging On:

suggests it may be a recursive filter - on Solaris this often causes a crash
without logging anything useful.  Check to see whether there are any core files
in the server/bin directory as this is another symptom of this type of crash on
Solaris.  If cores are enabled (check with the OS coreadm command) then the
server may create them even though you're not running a debug build.

If you do have some core files then run the pstack command against them (pstack
core) and you will be able to see the stack of each thread within the server -
if it is a recursive filter causing a stack overflow then one of the threads
should stand out as being much bigger than the others.  Depending on what you
see you may then need to enable FILTER/SQL logging to try and capture the
workflow that is causing the crash.  It's also worth checking the
Filter-Max-Stack value in ar.conf - various installers set this to a very high
value - try reducing it back down to 50 or so and this should stop most filter
recursion crashes and log an error instead.

Mark

I work for BMC, I don't speak for them.