No doubt Misi will be along shortly with definitive information but in the
meantime...

Qualifications are pretty much what you would expect, for example -

qual            = '2' = "Demo"

would select records where the Submitter (fieldID 2) is Demo.   This one -

qual            = ('Group Role' = "Support Staff" OR 'Group Role' = "Technical
Publications" OR 'Group Role' = "Engineering" OR 'Group Role' = "QA") AND
'System Status' = "Active"

selects records where the System Status is Active and Group Role is one of the
listed groups.

Parameters are referenced by using %s in the qual string -

qual            = 'Submitter' = "%s"

would substitute the %s for whatever was passed as the final parameter on the
command line -

rrrchive copy.cfg Demo

results in a qualification of 'Submitter' = "Demo"

Multiple parameters are passed and substituted in order -

qual            = ('Submitter' = "%s" OR 'Submitter' = "%s") AND 'Status' = "%s"
rrrchive copy.cfg Demo Bob New

becomes

qual            = ('Submitter' = "Demo" OR 'Submitter' = "Bob") AND 'Status' =
"New"

I hope that helps.  Don't forget to make use of the -test command line option
to check out what your config is going to do first.

Mark