If you have more than 1 thread, you have a potential for resource
contention.  On seperate threads you can create an entry in the same form.
 If each transaction has to update/commit the same record in arschema, you
can get a bottleneck.  By managing the numbers in memory (versus the db),
you can fetch and use a block of IDs, thus alleviating the contention on the
record in arschema.

Axton Grams