Update, after sending me 2 hotfixes that didn't work BMC Support came back and
said this was actually "Functioning as Designed" and that they had changed this
starting in 7.6.03 to append an identifier to the requestId field in your LDAP
vendor form.   Because my integration and vendor form was already written with
the samAccountName as the identifier field, we had to move forward and
implement a workaround to truncate the leading junk off the name when pushing
it to the staging form.

SUBSTR($samAccountName$, 6, LENGTH($samAccountName$))

This actually works ok, because surprisingly you can still search/qualify your
data as the plugin will find a match of samAccountName=jsmith (for example) on
the vendor form even though it presents the data as 00001|jsmith after
returning the results.

But I agree with Frederick, the cleaner way would have been to leverage the
"uSNCreated" attribute as it is always unique.   BMC Support recommended using
the "cn" attribute which is not a viable solution because it is not unique,
it's basically just a concatenation of firstname, lastname.

Side note regarding the 15 character maximum, I believe (don't hold me to this)
that that was a former constraint with some of the older versions.  I want to
say they addressed that in 7.1 or 7.5 but my memory escapes me at times.  We've
not had any issues (so far) using the samAccountName, until the upgrade
interjected this identifier into the mix.

Thanks.  Nate.

Nathan Aker
ITSM Solution Architect
McAfee, Inc.