Any advice, comment about it?

Regards,

Alejandro

De: Alejandro Canon
Enviado el: MiƩrcoles, 10 de Agosto de 2011 18:28
Para: 'arslist@ARSLIST.ORG'
Asunto: Atrium Core 7.6.04: Table View (Atrium Explorer) does not allow to add
specific subclasses fields as columns in table.

Hi Fellows

CMDB 7.6.04

When using Atrium Explorer and searching for CI's and adding them to a view
(i.e  to Sandbox.<USER> view or BMC.ASSET view) you can see all CI's searched
as a Topology view (which show all CI's instances and relationships between
CI's related) or a Table view (List of instances as rows in a table). If you
show CI's in Table view you'll see three columns (atributes) for each CI
searched and present in view: ShortDescription, Name and ClassID.

If you need to show more attributes data (columns) for table you can select
"Configure Columns" button in order to add or remove additional columns to
table. Even you can download table data shown using "Create Report" option in
order to generate a CSV file.

What I've noted is you can see only BASE ELEMENT attributes for adding them to
Table View, but you can't add columns (attributes) related to specific
attributes. I.e I was searching for Computer Systems using predefined query but
I can't add "TotalPhysicalMemory" attribute to the table because it's not shown
in columns able to add/remove.

Is that behavior OK? What happen if you need to show specific attributes from
subclasses? Do I need to go to BMC:CORE_BMC_<ClassName> forms in order to
generate a CSV report with specific subclass data?

I thought Atrium Explorer would be more user-friendly in this scenario
[cid:image001.gif@01CC5782.CD108A40]

Regards,

Alejandro