John and John and others with Products:

When your response to a posting, as indicated by your posting being re.
<some previous subject, and it is of the form "hey, use our products or
services to solve that" it is an Advertisement.
Otherwise you would have responded directly to that person and not to the
list.

When the posting is not a response to a specified question, and then purely
says "Hey, I've got a great solution for <blah>",  it is an unsolicited
Advertisement.

In either case, I expect the poster to follow protocol and in every case of
the latter prefix with AD:

Of course if it is the case that you think your product will solve a problem
then we welcome the Advertising postings.

I have been allowing a fair bit of latitude since I receive few complaints,
But that being said, every now and then I feel a need to state the obvious.

Some say, that is all I am capable of.
Some say, his filters are out of order.
Some say, that I have been watching Top Gear too much.

But in the end, I am the ARSlist Founder.

Happy Friday (except where it is already Saturday, in which case Happy
Saturday)

.... Daniel
Lying by omission is lying, unless you are a lawyer in a court of law