From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) on behalf of strauss
Sent: Tue 11/1/2011 5:28 AM
To: ARSList
Subject: Re: ARS 7.6.4 SP2 Issues

All of my problems were with the Atrium and ITSM installers for Sp2 - an
inability of the Atrium installer to successfully restart the AR Server that
botched the rest of the install, and several incorrect assumptions about what
state some of the forms and views would be in after upgrading ITSM through
version 7.6.03 to 7.6.04.0x that halted the ITSM SP2 install prematurely on
error.  When the ITSM installation completed, it had destroyed the plugin
server for FTS; support had to send me updated .jar files and
pluginsvr_config.xml files before it worked again.  I'm not sure what that was
all about, since it was working after the ARS SP2 installation.

This was only a first attempt on a test system; I will be running it against a
clone of production this week.  All of these are either Win2K3 x64 or Win2K8
x64 with SQL 2008 x64 behind them and mid-tier on tomcat 6.0.32 x64.

In all cases I have portmapper installed and running on the local machine, but
use a static port for ARS and another for the plug-in port that are both open
in the firewall.

Expect the unexpected with SP2.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager