Brien,

The AR System Error Messages form is a DOCUMENTATION form.  It is a form that
lists the error
messages and should have fields that have a description of each - essentially,
all the data that is in
the error message guide.  Its purpose is to let you do a lookup on line of an
error and its description and
what to do about it without having to find a manual and look it up there.  It
is not on the system by
default because not all customers want this documentation live on the system.
It is your choice whether
you import it or not.

The AR System Message Catalog form is the form that allows you to localize and
change the strings
associated with errors and other things within the system.  You can override
any message with your
own version of the message (I use message because it could be error, warning,
or info messages).
This form requires that you have the "localized catalog" option turned on in
the system configuration -
which it seems you have - for it to be used.  This form is imported into the
system by default to be
available if you have messages or strings you want to adjust.

So, one form is a documentation form and the other is that active override
string form.

>From what you are quoting from the documentation, it seems like there may be a
>documentation
error that should be reported.

But, to get what you want, you need to add just the strings you want to
override - not every error or
message - into the AR System Message Catalog form.

I hope this helps,

Doug Mueller