From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Gard, Richard J
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 1:19 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Lifecycling Existing Unix ARS servers to Windows VM

I would not put production APP nor DB servers for Remedy on a VM servers.  We
live with (for cost considerations)filter and active link issues routinely in
our DEV and test environments weekly.   We handle a huge volume of tickets
(over 2.5 million per year) in prod, and our systems are too critical to allow
the hiccups caused on VMs.  If you go to Windows, spec it properly with
physical servers and you won't regret it.  The mid-tier can be VMs, but we
don't know yet if this will be and issue with the 7.6.04 version we are
building out now.