From: Daniel Bloom
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:42 PM
Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Overlay follies: Selection fields

**
Others have probably come across this but I thought I’d mention it because it
surprised me,

Although I think I understand why:

ARSystem 7.6.04 P2 (I would assume all previous versions, don’t know)

In order to modify a selection field, i.e. add/modify/delete selections,

You need to create an overlay for every View first.

Not too bad except with every language there is one form with 99 views to
create an overlay for.

If someone knows a work around, like being able to say: “Create an overlay for
all the views please”

Please let the list/me know.

Why this behavior: I assume because it wants to let you add/remove labels and
choices for each language View individually,

Which is a good thing and makes sense, it just isn’t complete in terms of
usability and I have no evidence that you can actually do that since I haven’t
tried yet.

…. Daniel