I'll throw my feedback in as well in the optimistic hopes of it being taken
constructively.

There seems to be a systemic, consistently recurring theme by BMC Support techs
to avoid personal contact at all costs.  I experience this over and over.
Requests for Webex sessions are nearly always deferred with the "just send us
your logs and let us get back to you" persistent response.  It takes about 5
requests and persistence to get a support tech to actually take a look and see
what we're seeing, which is a shame as often a skilled tech can quickly assess
the problem or get much further towards an understanding that will lead to a
quicker solution by simply doing a 5 minute Webex.   Same with a request for a
call back.  Despite the "best contact method" being populated with phone in the
ticket and specific instructions to call, BMC Support often simply replies via
email and does not read the contact preference.

This is made even more frustrating since the semi-recent change where you can
only get a glorified operator on the line if you call in.  You can never
actually speak to a tech any longer unless the operator gate keeper chooses to
allow you the privilege of speaking with someone technical, or after they queue
up a work note to the tech to call you.... In which case they nearly always
simply reply via email at a later time anyway.

>From a customer perspective, it feels like the real intent of BMC Support is
>to reduce Webex usage costs, and simply defer the customer long enough for
>them to resolve their own issue.   This seems to have gotten worse with the
>release of 7.6.04.  It appears from the outside looking in that Support is
>entirely overwhelmed and cannot handle the support volume.

I'm more than happy to review our concerns with anyone who would listen, and we
have been raising them with our support rep and account rep and are engaged in
discussions.

Thanks for taking the opportunity to solicit honest customer feedback.   Nathan

Nathan Aker
ITSM Solution Architect
McAfee, Inc.