Hi Andrew

Ok, I'll do a test Changing the Plugin-Loopback-RPC-Socket to "390626".

This is the msg in the error.log

Fri Nov 25 10:36:45 2011  AssignEng : AR System Application server terminated
-- fatal error encountered (ARAPPNOTE 4501)

Fri Nov 25 10:38:45 2011  AssignEng : Timeout during database update -- the
operation has been accepted by the server and will usually complete
successfully (TM01APP)  ARERR - 92

Thank you.
Best Regards.

J. Emilio Vargas
ALCATEL-LUCENT

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Andrew C Goodall
Sent: MiƩrcoles, 07 de Diciembre de 2011 12:29 p.m.
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Approval Engine: Threads

FYI - also think about changing port from default setting which is same
as the Plugin-Loopback-RPC-Socket

--------------
THIS WAS FROM BMC SUPPORT ON AN ISSUE WE HAD WITH SLOW APPROVAL PROCESS

For the error Dispatch : Operation cancelled due to error (ARAPPERR
4502) in the arerr.log file

Change the Plugin-Loopback-RPC-Socket to "390626".

please find the below description for these entries:

Approval-RPC Socket : A specific RPC program number (RPC socket)
dedicated to the Approval Server for calls to the AR System server. This
setting defines a private queue for Approval Server.

Plugin-Loopback-RPC-Socket: An RPC program number (RPC socket) dedicated
to loopback calls from the Plug-in server. The Approval Server runs as a
plug-in. If this value is set and Approval-RPC-Socket is not set, the
Plug-in server uses this queue for Approval Server loopback calls.

As the value for both the sockets is same (390680) it may take a time
for calls from ar server.

Regards,

Andrew Goodall
Software Engineer 2 | Development Services |  jcpenney . www.jcp.com