Hi Rod,

I guess we would NOT want one new action-type for each
PERFORM-/Application- command.

But I would be very glad for an action called something like
Internal-Function, or Run-Function command with the following:
- Function
- Where to run = Client/Server
- Run: Now/Phase 2/Phase 3
- Input Parameters
- Output Parameters

It could work more or less as a Filter API call.

This would be generic enough I think, and also give us more control over
passed parameters.

Controlling phases like that would more or less remove the need for the
$PROCESS$ syntax in Set-Fields. In any event, you could make these
"functions" be available as the ordinary Set-Fields Functions instead of
the $PROCESS$ syntax.

And I totally agree with you about the `! syntax...

Products from RRR Scandinavia (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11):