Hello all,

I have been working with Asset Management 7.6.4 to prepare to enter our current
contracts.  My goal is to use the Data Management tool
(Transactional-Contract.xls) to import the bulk of the license data once I have
figured out the format to use.  I have read through the AM docs (and a fair
amount of the CMDB ones), but I still have a few questions on what I've found
so far.

1.)     Microsoft Master Business Agreements - We have negotiated a MBA with MS
under their "Enterprise 6 Program", which gives us certain purchasing
abilities.  We can add or remove software on a year by year basis, and the
numbers for each are 'trued up' each year as well.  There is an MBA #, an
Enrollment #, a Software Assurance ID #, and an Agreement/Contract #.  I have
listed my current strategy below.  Does anyone have any other strategies,
recommendations for representing these kinds of agreements?

a.       Master Contract for the MBA itself (with the {Enrollment #}-Master as
the Contract ID, and the MBA # as the Customer ID), then

b.      Master Contracts underneath it for each year ({Enrollment #}-{year} as
Contract ID), then

c.       Software License Contracts underneath each year master for each type
of software with a representative ID (Ex: Contract ID "MS-EX-001-2011":
Microsoft "MS" - Exchange "EX" - First to use the MS-EX prefix "001" - Year
"2011"), and then

d.      License Certificates for each Software License Contract (eventually to
connect to CIs from discovery tools, with same IDs).

2.)    Importing Software License Contracts - The "CTR-GenericContract" tab
says not to use it for Software License contracts.  I looked up the mappings in
the Data Mgmt Admin guide and it looks like I'm supposed to use
"AST-AssetSoftware" instead as this goes to "CTR:ContractBase" and
"AST:AssetSoftware" - Is this correct?

3.)    What is used in the Contract Identifier field on the Data Mgmt tabs?  Is
this used to connect contracts and masters?  How do I determine what to put in
this column?

4.)    When creating a license certificate with the dialog that pops up from
the Contract "Add" button, I can choose, say, "Microsoft" as a manufacturer,
but the categories available don't reflect the product categories I have
created, just the generics.  Is this pulling from a different area?

Thanks in advance for your help, and any other advice for entering/maintaining
licenses would be welcome as well!  :^)

Kelly Logan, Sr. Systems Administrator (Remedy), GMS
ProQuest | 789 E. Eisenhower Parkway, P.O. Box 1346 | Ann Arbor MI 48106-1346
USA | 734.997.4777
kelly.lo...@proquest.com<mailto:kelly.lo...@proquest.com>
www.proquest.com

ProQuest...Start here. 2010 InformationWeek 500 Top Innovator

you have received this email in error please notify the sender, and delete the
message from your computer.