Hi Folks,

I have a question about diary fields and how they work in the Mid-tier.
They seem to work differently than they do in the Windows client.

In the Windows client, I am able to enter any number of lines into the
field, both when the field is collapsed or when it is expanded.

In the Mid-tier, I am limited to entering only as many lines as the number
of rows specified in in the properties for the diary field as specified
using Dev Studio.

For example, If the diary field is specified with three rows, and I type
directly into the diary field (without expanding it first) like this:

1
2
3
4
5

I end up with:

1
2
345

If I save it and then expand the diary, This is what was saved:

1
2
345

If I expand the diary field and type the following:
1
2
3
4
5

and then collapse it, save it, then refresh the record and expand the diary
field, the last entry will look like this:

1
2
3

In the Windows client, it will take whatever you enter, expanded or
collapsed and save it every time, regardless of the number of rows
specified in the field properties.

The only way that I have found to get the Mid-tier to take an entry that is
longer than the number of rows specified in the field properties is as
follows:

Type something into the diary field just to get the Save button enabled.
Expand the diary field.
Type in multiple lines, as many as you want.
Save the record while the diary field is still expanded.

The diary field will be saved correctly.

Also, unlike the Windows client, the Mid-tier does not clear the lower
portion of the diary field after the record has been saved.

Is this just my system, or is this the way that diary fields work in the
Mid-tier?

I have tried this on Safari, Firefox and Chrome on multiple Macs and PCs.
They all behave exactly the same way. The only browser that works the way
that the Windows client works is IE on Windows.

I have scoured the BMC documentation and I have not found anything to make
me think that this is expected behavior on Mid-tier.

ARS 7.6.03 on Solaris
Mid-tier 7.6.04
Oracle 11.2.0.2.0

Thanks for reading this far.