From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jim Coryat (jcoryat)
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 9:50 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: POLL: would you like the user tool back (7.6.04)

**
Claire, you make a good point which I agree with.

Regarding the workflow, it seems BMC is trying to go cheap by taking the
development offshore (speculation on my part), but not choosing the best
resources while doing so.  Regardless, issues like that typically arise from
the left hand not knowing what the right is doing.  While placing deadlines on
development teams, they start using slash and burn coding techniques which
result in the aforementioned problems as well as the continued poor testing
practices.  Some of the defects we continuously run into always brings up the
phrase "Did they even test this?".

I could live without the user tool if the app was well written.  As it sits
now, the interface is still a kludge.  They take functional aspects (CMDB Class
Manager), make it pretty and render it nearly useless.  Unfortunately with the
extensive use of flash in ITSM, the user tool is virtually useless.

Jim