sensitive content: you mean userid and password in the clear?
That is the only sensitive content I know of..
if you have SSL -- all data is encrypted from the physical host to the
physical host.
if no SSL then it is indeed: unencrypted and in the RAW.

just asking for some clarification

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 1:46 PM, thojciv <thao.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello listers,
>
> We're on ARS 7.1 patch 009, MidTier 7.1 Patch 006.
>
> I've searched through the ARSList and haven't come up with anything related
> to my issue.
> I've submitted an Issue with BMC and they don't have a solution.  They
> advised me to search for a 3rd party utility for what I'm looking to
> achieve.
> I recieved 0 responses to my posting on BMC's discussion boards.
> So, I hope someone here can offer me some solutions or advice.
>
> Issue:
> Sensitive content is being passed into Remedy web services (an existing
> design that I now have to try and rectify).  If mid-tier Web Services
> logging is enabled, the content is visible.  We currently have Web Service
> logging disabled but when we need it enabled for troubleshooting, we need
> have a particular data element masked/encrypted (so need to be able to
> selectively mask content if possible).
>
> Is there a 3rd party utility that anyone knows of that can integrate "well"
> with Remedy and accomplish this?
> Has anyone developed an in-house application that does this and is willing
> to share the code?
> Or, can someone point me to the jar file(s) that handles the midtier
> logging?
>
> I appreciate all feedback!
> --

Patrick Zandi