Here's some further clarification:

The sensitive data I'm referring to is not the userid/password.
There's an external system that is sending to Remedy's web service
sensitive data elements/content, ie. Employee ID and pin #.  The
transfer is SSL enabled fortunately.  The problem is that it (EID and
pin) ends up being written into the logs readable if mid-tier web
services logging is enabled.

Thanks for your feedback.