Hi,

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Papolu, Appajee <appajee_pap...@bmc.com>wrote:

> AR API methoods in essense have a notion of establishing connection,
> authenticating, performing the eventual network api call to the Server and
> so on. That is why your subsequent ops after logout just work seamlessly.
> Of course all this noted additional work happens conditionally on as needed
> basis.
>
> So, be assured that --  if you do a login at first and logout at the very
> end, then expected logout semantics are upheld (i.e. this specific user's
> acquired license is released etc).

Some extra feedback much later on, in case it helps someone (and I think we
have some leaking somewhere).

I must mention that earlier on, I faced the same situation with an ARS 5.1
installation.

What I diagnosed in the end (using tools like TaskInfo) is that the process
was leaking 3 handles per login, but logout (with or without clear in 5.1)
did not release the connections (using ARServerUser to login/logout).

I'm concerned that this may be happening as well with 7.1 (although I
cannot test right now).

This is a bit of a concern for long running processes, such as job
processing workers.

I'd love to hear from others, in case someone has experimented more leaks
on long running processes!

-- Thibaut